Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <sb...@stason.org> on 2000/04/20 19:48:35 UTC

[summary] holding a mod_perl conference

Ok, It's been a while since I've started this thread and there is no more
comments on this topic, so I'll summarize.

It's clear that we want a dedicated track for mod_perl only. There is
demand and there are many bright people at least on this list who will
want to share their knowledge, so there will be no shortage in speakers.
Based on my last talks at the ApacheCon -- the room in all 3 lectures I
gave, were full. And we all know that this demand is growing.

It's unclear *at this point* whether will be able to attract enough people
to the mod_perl only conference so it'll pay off the investments by
Camelot or ORA folks. Of course we can run a low budget YAm_pC (Yet
Another mod_perl Conference) but we believe that we can make a great
success getting more spotlight for mod_perl at the existing conferences.

Therefore a possible solution, as offered by both conference organizers,
is to have a dedicated mod_perl track this summer in Monterey and in
October in London. We will help both organizers to make sure there will be
enough interest for this dedicated track, by asking the members of this
list to spread the word, since it's in our best interest to keep the
organizers happy with us, so there will be many more sequels.

I've CC'ed the Camelot and ORA folks (Nathan, please correct me if I'm
wrong) to this post, so please tell the list or me personally, if you
prefer, what do you think about this and how do we proceed from here.
Thanks!

mod_perl rules!

Stas Bekman             | JAm_pH    --    Just Another mod_perl Hacker
http://stason.org/      | mod_perl Guide  http://perl.apache.org/guide
mailto:stas@stason.org  | http://perl.org    http://stason.org/TULARC/
http://singlesheaven.com| http://perlmonth.com http://sourcegarden.org

Re: [summary] holding a mod_perl conference

Posted by Nathan Torkington <gn...@frii.com>.
Stas Bekman writes:
> Therefore a possible solution, as offered by both conference organizers,
> is to have a dedicated mod_perl track this summer in Monterey and in

Close, but not quite.  It's too late to adjust the July 2000
conference (layout was finalized around March 1), but we are all
systems go to have a separate mod_perl track in 2001.  Can't wait.

Nat