Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by PRABHU Reshma <re...@socgen.com> on 2016/07/18 05:48:02 UTC

Kylin start errors , Web ui not visible

Hi,

I am new to kylin. I downloaded latest kylin(apache-kylin-1.5.2.1-HBase1.x-bin.tar.gz) from website and was trying to host on HDP 2.3 setup.

Software versions
HDP: 2.3
HBase: 1.1.0
Hadoop: 2.7.1
Kylin: 1.5.2

Even though I am able to start Kylin, the web ui on hostname:7070/kylin does not come up.
There are exceptions in logs saying

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: File not exist by 'kylin_metadata@hbase': /home/apache-kylin-1.5.2.1-bin/bin/kylin_metadata@hbase

at org.apache.kylin.common.persistence.FileResourceStore.<init>(FileResourceStore.java:49)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to find metadata store by url: kylin_metadata@hbase

at org.apache.kylin.common.persistence.ResourceStore.createResourceStore(ResourceStore.java:93)

at org.apache.kylin.common.persistence.ResourceStore.getStore(ResourceStore.java:104)

at org.apache.kylin.cube.CubeManager.getStore(CubeManager.java:880)

at org.apache.kylin.cube.CubeManager.loadAllCubeInstance(CubeManager.java:814)

I see that it is trying to load metadata but the file does not exist in that path.

Attached please find log for your analysis.

Can somebody please help me in fixing the issue?

Thanks and Regards,
Reshma

Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message")
sont confidentiels et susceptibles de contenir des informations
couvertes par le secret professionnel. Ce message est etabli
a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation
ou diffusion non autorisee interdite.
Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration. La SOCIETE GENERALE
et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message
s'il a ete altere, deforme falsifie.

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential,
intended solely for the addresses, and may contain legally privileged
information. Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any
of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message
if altered, changed or falsified.

Re: Kylin start errors , Web ui not visible

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
There is no log attached in your origin email; please check the log
carefully there should be helpful information; or you can share the log
with some service like gist so others can help to analysis.

> I am new to kylin. I downloaded latest
> kylin(apache-kylin-1.5.2.1-HBase1.x-bin.tar.gz) from website and was trying
> to host on HDP 2.3 setup.
>

> *Software versions *HDP: 2.3
> HBase: 1.1.0
> Hadoop: 2.7.1
> Kylin: 1.5.2
>

> Even though I am able to start Kylin, the web ui on hostname:7070/kylin
> does not come up.
>
> There are exceptions in logs saying
>

> *Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: File not exist by
> 'kylin_metadata@hbase':
> /home/apache-kylin-1.5.2.1-bin/bin/kylin_metadata@hbase*
>
> *at
> org.apache.kylin.common.persistence.FileResourceStore.<init>(FileResourceStore.java:49)*
>
> *Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to find metadata
> store by url: kylin_metadata@hbase*
>
> *at
> org.apache.kylin.common.persistence.ResourceStore.createResourceStore(ResourceStore.java:93)*
>
> *at
> org.apache.kylin.common.persistence.ResourceStore.getStore(ResourceStore.java:104)*
>
> *at org.apache.kylin.cube.CubeManager.getStore(CubeManager.java:880)*
>
> *at
> org.apache.kylin.cube.CubeManager.loadAllCubeInstance(CubeManager.java:814)*
>

> I see that it is trying to load metadata but the file does not exist in
> that path.
>

> Attached please find log for your analysis.
>

> Can somebody please help me in fixing the issue?
>

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Reshma

> Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message")
> sont confidentiels et susceptibles de contenir des informations
> couvertes par le secret professionnel. Ce message est etabli
> a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation
> ou diffusion non autorisee interdite.
> Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration. La SOCIETE GENERALE
> et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message
> s'il a ete altere, deforme falsifie.

> This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential,
> intended solely for the addresses, and may contain legally privileged
> information. Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited.
> E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any
> of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message
> if altered, changed or falsified.

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi

Re: Kylin start errors , Web ui not visible

Posted by hongbin ma <ma...@apache.org>.
​does the account have access to create hbase tables write things to hbase
in shell?​

*Bin Mahone | 马洪宾*