Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Eimantas Vaiciunas <ei...@sc.vu.lt> on 2004/07/26 13:32:35 UTC

[users@httpd] RewriteLogLevel

Hello list

I'm interested int RewriteLog's verbosity according to defined level with
RewriteLogLevel. Could you provide me some information about what is being
output to RewriteLog according to it's level?

Re: [users@httpd] RewriteLogLevel

Posted by Eimantas Vaiciunas <ei...@sc.vu.lt>.
On Monday 26 July 2004 15:18, Joshua Slive wrote:
> What exactly is it you want to know that you can't find out using one
> of those options?
It is only my curiousity that bugs me. I think i'll go through the first
option. It will be good practice for me to remember C ;)

Re: [users@httpd] RewriteLogLevel

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:32:35 +0200, Eimantas Vaiciunas
<ei...@sc.vu.lt> wrote:
> Hello list
>
> I'm interested int RewriteLog's verbosity according to defined level with
> RewriteLogLevel. Could you provide me some information about what is being
> output to RewriteLog according to it's level?

I don't think there is any documentation on this other than:

1. Looking through the source code; or
2. Adjust the level and see what comes out.

What exactly is it you want to know that you can't find out using one
of those options?

Joshua.

[users@httpd] Access Question

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:01:13 -0400, Bill Guion <bg...@sgt-inc.com> wrote:
> At 10:38 AM -0400 on [m-d-y] 7/26/04, Joshua Slive wrote with subject

> >How are you doing the authentication?  Is it HTTP basic auth?  Cookie
> >based sessions through php?  Something else?
>
> Right now we use .htaccess, with one .htaccess file for the first
> page (all users log in through that) and other .htaccess files for
> the linked pages that have limited access. All of this runs on the
> same server.

When you say ".htaccess", you actually mean "HTTP Basic auth".
".htaccess" is simply the name of the configuration file.

> intranet directory
>    home page (all users log in through .htaccess)
>      linked page 1 (all users access)
>      linked page n (all users access)
>      linked page x (limited to group x, must log in through .htaccess)
>      linked page y (limited to group y, must log in through .htaccess)
>      linked page z (limited to group z, must log in through .htaccess)
>
> What I would proposed to do is have (in this example) four versions
> of the home page. Version 1 would have just those links available to
> everyone. Version x would have the links available to everyone, plus
> those links available to group x. Version y would have the links
> available to everyone, plus those links available to group y. Version
> z would have the links available to everyone, plus those links
> available to group z. The goal, as Joshua surmised, would be to
> require only one login to get to the set of web pages you are
> entitled to see.

Although this can be done in apache alone, this is a case where I'd be
very tempted to use a dynamically generated page (php, cgi, whatever)
to look at the REMOTE_USER environment variable and change the page
based on what it sees.

In addition, I'd give up your idea of using separate host names for
the different users.  This will just create problems because the user
*will* need to login again.  Use different directories under one
hostname.

If you really want to do this with apache alone, you'll need to get
familiar with mod_rewrite, which can direct you to different pages
based on the contents of the REMOTE_USER environment variable.  You
may need to use a RewriteMap to create a file mapping usernames to
page names.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Access Question

Posted by Bill Guion <bg...@sgt-inc.com>.

      -----===== Bill =====-----

>In general, the authentication and redirect is not hard.  The hard
>part may be to carry the session through to the other server so that
>your users don't need to login a second time.
>
>Joshua.

Bill Guion, Chief Systems Engineer     SGT, Inc.
Telephone:   (301) 486-3141            7701 Greenbelt Road
Fax:         (301) 614-8601            Suite 400
email: wguion@sgt-inc.com              Greenbelt, Maryland 20770

All generalizations are false.

Re: [users@httpd] Access Question

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.

[users@httpd] Tomcat error

Posted by Richard correia <ri...@ugamsolutions.com>.
Hi ,

I am getting following error from my tomcat.

I have apache 1.3,with Tomcat/4.1.29

I am getting  250 connections per second. My KeepAlive is turned off.

[Mon Jul 26 09:58:53 2004]  [jk_ajp_common.c (1290)]: ERROR: Receiving
from tomcat failed, recoverable operation. err=0
[Mon Jul 26 09:58:54 2004]  [jk_ajp_common.c (738)]: ERROR: can't
receive the response message from tomcat, network problems or tomcat is
down. err=-
104

When I do " service tomcat status", it says "tomcat dead but subsys
locked". But My tomcat is working fine.

What could be the problem ? I am getting this errors in jk.log file. But
My tomcat is working fine.

Please please help me out. I am stuck in big mess :(

Thanks
Richard

[users@httpd] Access Question

Posted by Bill Guion <bg...@sgt-inc.com>.
Before I try to figure out how to do this, I'd like to at least know
it can be done.

Our company has a web site for employees. As implemented, all
employees can access the first page (with a user id and password) and
some of the links on the first page, and certain employees can open
the other links on that page. What I would like to do is have two web
pages: www.intranet1.com and www.intranet2.com (names I made up for
this example). I would like for all employees to open
www.intranet.com, enter their user id and password, and be redirected
to either intranet1 or intranet2 depending on the user id and
password presented. Is this reasonably possible?

Thanks in advance for your help.