Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1995/10/10 13:25:18 UTC

Re: Problems with Apache (fwd) IMAP

------- Blind-Carbon-Copy

To: sks@crown.net
Subject: Re: Problems with Apache (fwd) IMAP
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 07:25:18 -0500
From: Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>

> After installing Apache 8.14 I have been having many problems with executing
> any typ of cgi script.  In addition, the following is a .map file:
>

> default http://dodo.crown.net/index.html
> base_uri referer
> rect http://www.crown.net/crown/windy.html 2,253 197,280
> rect http://www.crown.net/crown/intronet.html 201,253 398,282
> rect http://www.crown.net/crown/crownnews.html 3,284 198,313
> rect http://www.crown.net/crown/intouch.html 199,284 397,310
> rect http://www.crown.net/business/ 2,315 197,343
> rect http://www.crown.net/realestate/ 200,316 397,342
> rect http://www.crown.net/crown/pages.html 2,346 195,373
> rect http://www.crown.net/crown/links.html 200,345 396,375
> rect http://www.crown.net/imagelist.html 2,377 195,404
> rect http://www.crown.net/backgroundlist.html 201,377 397,405
> rect http://www.crown.net/X/ 3,409 198,436
> rect http://www.crown.net/crown/en.html 200,409 398,435
> rect telnet://dodo.crown.net:9000 2,438 198,468
> rect http://www.crown.net/weather.html 201,440 396,466
> rect http://www.crown.net/stats/stat0.html 2,472 198,498
> rect http://www.crown.net/crown/cooking.html 201,471 398,498

> As you can see, I added the line for base_uri, as it appears in your
> documentation.
> My problem is with line 15.  The hook for telnet no longer works.  Is this a
> formatting problem, a bug in Apache, something I did under NCSA that should
> not have worked, or am I just plain stupid?

The lack of both 'ftp' and 'telnet' support in a mapfile is an oversight
on my part. I'll attempt to get some time to sit down to this today and
send along a patch as soon as I have something.

BTW - The 'base_uri' field is unnecessary in your example since all of
your URLs are "absolute" as opposed to "relative". A URL not beginning
with "http:" or "/" would get the Referer: header information prepended
to the URL in the map.

As for your problems executing CGI scripts, I did not see the following
line in your srm.conf file.

AddType application/x-httpd-cgi cgi

Assuming you are using the ScriptAliased directories to execute your
scripts, can you tell us more about how they fail?

- -Randy

------- End of Blind-Carbon-Copy