Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Derek Springer <de...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/07 22:32:09 UTC

Re: Pig Status/Documentation

Hi all,
My colleagues and I are interested in if there is any update on the status
of the items we discussed previously (documentation, tutorials, development
environment, etc). We are still excited to dig deeper with pig and would
appreciate any help! Thanks!

Derek Springer
UCLA CS Department

Posted by Chris Olston <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Derek,

All of these items are moving forward, albeit more slowly than
expected (as usual :). Here's the status:

documentation: the tech writer is working with us now and is
currently getting up to speed.
tutorial: a draft is ready, and we are targeting June 1 to get it out
on the web.
dev environment: the latest Pig release does include the "ILLUSTRATE"
command, which is one of the components of our dev environment (makes
it easier to play with pig scripts and see how data gets transformed
by Pig commands). The eclipse plugin is still in the works.

-Chris

--
Christopher Olston, Ph.D.
Sr. Research Scientist