Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Manfred Lotz <ma...@arcor.de> on 2014/02/27 06:31:39 UTC

Repository based config

Hi there,
Assuming I need this for a certain repository:

[miscellany]
enable-auto-props = yes

[auto-props]
*.c = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Author Date Id Revision

Is it possible to enable this locally for the repository. This would
have the advantage that new project people checking out have the right
setting from the beginning without any danger to forget setting this in
their ~/.subversion/config.

--
Manfred

Re: Repository based config

Posted by Manfred Lotz <ma...@arcor.de>.
On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 17:12:22 +0100
Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 4:22 PM, Manfred Lotz <ma...@arcor.de>
> wrote:
> > On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 12:34:12 +0100
> > Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> If your users use svn 1.8 clients, you can use the new-in-1.8
> >> repository-dictated configuration feature. See here:
> >>
> >> http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.8.html#repos-dictated-config
> >>

> > Thanks, that was new to me. Does it also require a certain version
> > for the subversion server?
> >

> No, it's also supported with older servers. But a 1.8 server will give
> better performance when the client asks for inherited properties
> (which is the mechanism used to implement the repository-dictated
> configuration) [1]. I don't know how much difference it makes in
> practice (I don't use the feature myself yet). I guess it depends
> heavily on your repository size and structure (deeply nested vs.
> shallow directory structures).
>
> [1]
> http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.8.html#new-feature-compatibility-table

I see. Thanks for the explanations.