Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org> on 2003/09/30 22:33:01 UTC

[Announce] CyberNeko Tools for XNI 2003.09.30 Available

It's been awhile since the last release of my CyberNeko
Tools for XNI -- I've been working on a Palm program that
I'll be releasing soon. Anyway, I've rolled a bunch of
small changes into this release and it's now available
for download.

Here's the list of changes:

   HTML Parser 0.8.1

   * fixed bug that allowed multiple <html> tags
   * fixed bug in stripping leading comments in <script>
     tags
   * added feature to be able to strip HTML comment
     delimiters (i.e. "<!--" and "-->") from <style>
     element content
   * updated DOMParser to work around a bug in the Xerces
     HTML DOM implementation when a doctype node was
     inserted into the document
   * updated the DOMFragmentParser to allow setting of
     features and properties
   * changed the status of the document fragment parser
     from experimental to supported
   * added feature to allow application to ignore a
     character encoding specified in a <meta http-equiv=
     'Content-Type' content='text/html;charset=...'> tag
   * changed feature identifier for document fragment tag
     balancing to be more in line with other features (but
     retained old feature identifier for backwards
     compatibility)

   DTD Converter 0.1.7

   * added dtd2xsd.sh shell script to allow Unix-type folks
     to easily convert DTDs to XML Schemas
   * added Ant task to convert DTDs to the NekoDTD XML
     format output

   Style Processor 0.2.3

   * added an Echo processor
   * fixed quiet operation to be truly quiet

As always, it's available from the following URL:

   http://www.apache.org/~andyc/neko/doc/index.html

Enjoy!

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org