Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Allistair Crossley <Al...@QAS.com> on 2004/03/22 13:02:31 UTC

Dynamic class reloading and memory reclaiming

Hi Guys

I am able to generate an OutOfMemoryException on Tomcat by recompiling the main servlet of my application which forces Tomcat to reload my web application from scratch (i.e all the application scope objects and so on).

Is it correct that Tomcat will not reclaim the memory that the old loaded classes had handles on?

This is certainly the observable behaviour and I was wondering if there is an explanation for it.

Thanks, ADC

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software
Registered in England: No 2582055