Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Shirley Cohen <sc...@cs.utexas.edu> on 2008/07/29 15:57:45 UTC

iterative map-reduce

Hi,

I want to call a map-reduce program recursively until some condition
is met.  How do I do that?

Thanks,

Shirley

Re: iterative map-reduce

Posted by Paco NATHAN <ce...@gmail.com>.
A simple example of Hadoop application code which follows that pattern
(iterate until condition). In the "jyte" section:

   http://code.google.com/p/ceteri-mapred/

Loop and condition test are in the same code which calls ToolRunner
and JobClient.

Best,
Paco

Re: iterative map-reduce