Posted to user@lucy.apache.org by Aleksandar Radovanovic <Al...@Radovanovic.com> on 2012/11/15 14:25:31 UTC

[lucy-user] How to generate a word cloud?

Hi there,

I was wondering is it possible to extract information (like the most
common words frequency) from the Lucy index to create a word cloud?

Alex

Re: [lucy-user] How to generate a word cloud?

Posted by Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>.
Aleksandar Radovanovic wrote on 11/15/12 1:51 PM:
> On 11/15/12 9:13 PM, Peter Karman wrote:
>> On 11/15/12 7:25 AM, Aleksandar Radovanovic wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I was wondering is it possible to extract information (like the most
>>> common words frequency) from the Lucy index to create a word cloud?
>>>

>> sure.
>>
>> here's an example of dumping all the terms and freq from an index.
>>
>> http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/KARMAN/SWISH-Prog-Lucy-0.11/bin/lucyx-dump-terms
>>

> Thank you Peter, it works perfectly!

great.

> Is it possible to expand the code to display (in addition to frequency
> of the word) a list of document IDs the word appears in?
> This information will open possibilities for words co-occurrence
> analysis, visualization, searching for hidden links, etc

Yes, it is possible. I'd be happy to accept a patch that does all that. I just
don't have that particular itch myself.

Re: [lucy-user] How to generate a word cloud?

Posted by Aleksandar Radovanovic <Al...@Radovanovic.com>.

Posted by Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>.