Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> on 2002/01/14 18:52:18 UTC

List moderation

Hi,

My apologies for lack of response in moderating email messages. I went on
vacation and unexpectedly got very ill. On top of that my earthlink account
wasn't cooperating. But I'm back now and catching up with mail. Again, sorry
for the delay in responding.
--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl

http://tambora.zenplex.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity
http://jakarta.apache.org/alexandria
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons

Application configuration

Posted by Skip Walker <sk...@skipwalker.com>.

I want to create a mini gui application to help configure my Turbine web
application installation.

Basically, I want to create an application that can modify some
configuration values in TurbineResources.properties, and other properties
files.  Now, I am aware of the Ant filter task that allows one to substitue
properties values with @value@.  However, that appears to me to be a run
once operations.  I would like to be able to modify the values repeatedly if
necessary.  The Java Properties object works, but it removes all of the nice
formatting from the properties file.  Is there another solution that some
can point me to for this type of problem?

Thanks,
Skip