Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by dima <db...@openworld.co.uk> on 2001/02/06 22:47:22 UTC

[Tomcat-4.1] errors on start up

 Hi everyone,

 Have just checked out the latest copy of tomcat 4.1 from the CVS and
built it without much problems.
 However, when I try to get it going I get the following errors. Does
anyone have an idea what's causing them?

Exception during startup processing
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError:
com.sun.xml.parser.SAXParserFactoryImpl
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(SAXParserFactory.java:84)
at org.apache.catalina.util.xml.XmlMapper.readXml(XmlMapper.java:224)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:625)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:595)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:176)

 thanks,
 dima

Re: [Tomcat-4.1] errors on start up

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
You should go back to the "jakarta-tomcat-4.0" repository.  The 4.1 stuff is
temporarily abandoned, because the developer community chose to backport the
changes into 4.0 instead of waiting for 4.1.

Craig McClanahan