Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Collin VanDyck <cv...@mindspring.com> on 2003/02/26 17:13:47 UTC

Undeclared Prefix Issue

I'm using XSPUtil.includeString() to bring in some external XML into my
source XML tree before I apply my transforms.  This involves me assigning
the XML to a string variable, and then including it as such:

String xmlString = xmlDataValue.getXMLData();
XSPUtil.includeString(xmlString ,this.manager, this.contentHandler);

This works beautifully when I am brining in XML without namespace prefixes.
However, much of the XML that we handle within our system consists of XSL
stylesheets, which of course carry the <xsl: ... > prefix.  When I try and
bring that kind of XML into my XSP page as I am building the source tree, I
get the following error:

An error occurredorg.apache.cocoon.ProcessingExceptionUndeclared prefix in
name: "xsl:style".org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in
ServerPagesGenerator.generate():
org.apache.avalon.framework.CascadingRuntimeException: Could not include
page-11null Original exception :
org.apache.avalon.framework.CascadingRuntimeException: Could not include
page at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.xsp.XSPUtil.includeInputSource(
XSPUtil.java:363) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.xsp.XSPUtil.includeString(XSPUt
il.java:340) at
org.apache.cocoon.www.tasks.docs.preview.entity.stylesheet_xsp.generate(Z:\j
boss-3.0.4_tomcat-4.1.12\tomcat-4.1.x\work\MainEngine\localhost\admin\cocoon
-files\org/apache/cocoon/www/tasks/docs/preview/entity\stylesheet_xsp.java:4
36)
at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator.generate(ServerPagesGenera
tor.java:258) at

In my XSP, I have included the xsl namespace with the <xsp:page> attribute:

xmlns:xsl=http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform

but that still does not work.  I'd appreciate any input on how to be able to
bring in any valid xml.  I would rather use this XSP solution of using
XSPUtil than creating a sitemap aggregation setup.

Many thanks,
Collin