Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org> on 2002/06/28 13:44:56 UTC

Re: [RT]: One step for a minimal Cocoon

On Friday 28 June 2002 07:47 am, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> So the only work we have to do (which has already started) is to
> move everything into the samples directory and voila we have
> achieved a big step into the direction of a minimal Cocoon.
>
> Comments?

+1 !

Excellent idea, I think it will remove a lot of confusion for new uers. I
started a new cocoon-based project a few weeks ago and there was a *ton* of
stuff to remove from the sample sitemap. Not fun.
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org

Re: [RT]: One step for a minimal Cocoon

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Stephan Michels wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Peter Royal wrote:
>

>>On Friday 28 June 2002 07:47 am, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>
>>>So the only work we have to do (which has already started) is to
>>>move everything into the samples directory and voila we have
>>>achieved a big step into the direction of a minimal Cocoon.
>>>
>>>Comments?
>>
>>+1 !
>>
>>Excellent idea, I think it will remove a lot of confusion for new uers. I
>>started a new cocoon-based project a few weeks ago and there was a *ton* of
>>stuff to remove from the sample sitemap. Not fun.
>>-pete
>>

> +1
>
> How about the directory structure for the samples?
> Should have every theme a own sitemap?
>
> /samples
> /samples/sitemap.xmap
> /samples/xsp
> /samples/xsp/sitemap.xmap
> /samples/poi
> /samples/poi/sitemap.xmap
> /samples/jsp
> /samples/jsp/sitemap.xmap
>
> and so on.

It's already like this, since the first day I started refactoring (pre
2.0.2 release).

What we need is to finish it, not discuss on it, since it's almost
halfway done already.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: [RT]: One step for a minimal Cocoon

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Peter Royal wrote:

> On Friday 28 June 2002 07:47 am, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > So the only work we have to do (which has already started) is to
> > move everything into the samples directory and voila we have
> > achieved a big step into the direction of a minimal Cocoon.
> >
> > Comments?
>
> +1 !
>
> Excellent idea, I think it will remove a lot of confusion for new uers. I
> started a new cocoon-based project a few weeks ago and there was a *ton* of
> stuff to remove from the sample sitemap. Not fun.
> -pete

+1

How about the directory structure for the samples?
Should have every theme a own sitemap?

/samples
/samples/sitemap.xmap
/samples/xsp