Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by sramay <ni...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/01 09:58:33 UTC

Re: Xforms Controls within Wicket Application

Hi,

My request for integrating XFORMS within a Wicket Application is as follows:

I have a XForms (with XHTML as hosting language) with few controls, actions,
etc. for validation on client-side. This form uses XSLTForms as XForms
engine.
This form should be integrated with normal Wicket application with the
following requirements:
  i) This form should rendered to client from Wicket application, so that on
client-side only XForms tags (controls, actions, etc) will be rendered and
not Wicket's tags
  ii) Wicket application should take the inputs from the XForms and handle
on server side with necessary actions (like validation, storing/retrieving
data from database, etc.)
Any solution available for this XForms-Wicket integration?

Is the question clear?

Regards

Ramachandran

Re: Xforms Controls within Wicket Application

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Zilvinas Vilutis <ci...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't see any current integration between wicket & XForms available,
> but you can always start one, e.g. in code.google.com :)
>
> You may always extend the "form" component ( or any other ) and
> override the "getMarkup" ( or whatever method Wicket provide - Igor
> please correct me here ) to generate your required X(HT)ML markup for
> the form, or any input.
It's #getMarkupType().

> When you submit the form make sure the fields have wicket IDs ( and
> "name" ) attributes set correctly for server side validation. Not sure
> about client side - you might need to write your own validators here -
> but it should not be super complex.
>
> Regards
>
> Žilvinas Vilutis
>
> Mobile:   (+1) 623 330 6048
> E-mail:   cikasfm@gmail.com
>

> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 10:58 AM, sramay <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> My request for integrating XFORMS within a Wicket Application is as follows:
>>
>> I have a XForms (with XHTML as hosting language) with few controls, actions,
>> etc. for validation on client-side. This form uses XSLTForms as XForms
>> engine.
>> This form should be integrated with normal Wicket application with the
>> following requirements:
>>  i) This form should rendered to client from Wicket application, so that on
>> client-side only XForms tags (controls, actions, etc) will be rendered and
>> not Wicket's tags
>>  ii) Wicket application should take the inputs from the XForms and handle
>> on server side with necessary actions (like validation, storing/retrieving
>> data from database, etc.)
>> Any solution available for this XForms-Wicket integration?
>>
>> Is the question clear?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Ramachandran
>>
>> --

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

Re: Xforms Controls within Wicket Application

Posted by Zilvinas Vilutis <ci...@gmail.com>.
Hi,