Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Cox, Charlie" <cc...@cincom.com> on 2002/03/27 22:31:41 UTC

RE: Reloading Web Applications without manager and without reload able=true

no, you will have to have someone with maanger access restart your web app.
The only other way to reload classes is to restart tomcat, which it sounds
like you don't want to do.

you are correct in that "reloadable=false" for production.

Charlie

Posted by Jean-Luc BEAUDET <be...@toolchest.cyber.kodak.com>.
Tarun Ramakrishna Elankath a écrit :

> Thanks for replying . I'll look at the tomcat docs and source and see
> whether there is a way of modifying tomcat to allow this functionality.
> Or whether I can write a class to check for changes only after a certain
> time period - say 3 or 4 minutes.
>
> Thanks
> Tarun
>
> Cox, Charlie wrote:
> > no, you will have to have someone with maanger access restart your web app.
> > The only other way to reload classes is to restart tomcat, which it sounds
> > like you don't want to do.
> >
> > you are correct in that "reloadable=false" for production.
> >
> > Charlie

Well,

I think that yu only need the 'manager' features...

Makin' manager/stop?path=/MyApp and 3-4 mns after manager/start?path=/MyApp

hope this help.

Jean-Luc :O)

Re: Reloading Web Applications without manager and without reload able=true

Posted by Tarun Ramakrishna Elankath <el...@fastmail.fm>.