Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Michael Valenty <mi...@valenty.com> on 2007/05/25 02:16:34 UTC

UsersRepository w/ SSL SOAP service

I am running James 2.3.1 and JDK 1.5.0_11. While attempting to invoke an ssl
web service from MyUsersRepository to authenticate user credentials, I get
the following error:

javax.net.ssl.SSLKeyException: RSA premaster secret error

I do not get this error when calling the web service from a test client,
only in the context of MyUsersRepository.

Re: UsersRepository w/ SSL SOAP service - fixed

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Michael Valenty ha scritto:
> I don't remember where I found this, but it works now!!!
>
> With JRE 1.5.n you must copy the Sun JCE provider from {Program
> Files}\Java\j2re1.5.n_nn\lib\ext\sunjce_provider.jar file into the
> {james}\lib directory (warning: not in the {james}\apps\james\SAR-INF\lib
> directory!). The Bouncy Castle bcprov*.jar won't make it.

Than you for the feedback!
This will be very useful to other users searching the archives in future!

Stefano

Posted by Michael Valenty <mi...@valenty.com>.

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
On 5/27/07, robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> is JAMES using bouncycastle?

Yes.

 Bernd

Re: UsersRepository w/ SSL SOAP service

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 5/25/07, Michael Valenty <mi...@valenty.com> wrote:

> No, I get this error running James normally, not through Eclipse. It happens
> on both my Windows dev box (jdk 1.5.0) and a linux staging server (jre
> 1.5.0).
>
> I can run a test client through Eclipse to test my soap call and it works.
>
> I read some posts about Eclipse and JCE too, so I downloaded the recommended
> JCE and installed it to work with jdk 1.5.0.11 and still didn't work. Do I
> need to put the JCE somewhere else? In one of the James lib directories
> maybe?

is JAMES using bouncycastle?

- robert

Re: UsersRepository w/ SSL SOAP service