Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Yueshang (Wendy) Zhang" <yu...@cisco.com> on 2003/06/12 16:42:33 UTC

Ajp13Connector vs. Coyote/JK2 connector

I searched the archive and found that mod_jk is better than
mod_jk2 for apache 1.3.26.  My question is, if mod_jk is
used in this case, can we still use the  Ajp13Connector
in stead of Coyote/JK2 connector? (although the Ajp13Connector
is deprecated in TC 4.1.x)
I am using apache to do the authentication, need to use the 'tomcatAuthentication' attribute in the Ajp13Connector, but can't
find a similar attribute in Coyote/JK2 connector.

TIA

Wendy

Re: Ajp13Connector vs. Coyote/JK2 connector

Posted by Chong Yu Meng <ch...@cymulacrum.net>.
> On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:42:33 -0400, Yueshang  (Wendy)  Zhang
> <yu...@cisco.com> wrote:
>
>> I searched the archive and found that mod_jk is better than
>> mod_jk2 for apache 1.3.26.  My question is, if mod_jk is
>> used in this case, can we still use the  Ajp13Connector in stead of
>> Coyote/JK2 connector? (although the Ajp13Connector
>> is deprecated in TC 4.1.x)
>> I am using apache to do the authentication, need to use the
>> 'tomcatAuthentication' attribute in the Ajp13Connector, but can't
>> find a similar attribute in Coyote/JK2 connector.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Wendy

Tongzi,

The only difference, from my own tests, has been that with
Ajp13Connector, you will not be able to use the Tomcat Web
Administrator. Otherwise, they're the same.

Regards,
pascal chong

Re: Ajp13Connector vs. Coyote/JK2 connector

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Ajp13Connector should work fine for you.

John