Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by James Nas <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2009/06/16 13:54:17 UTC

RE: Setting up my derby data base...

Hello;

     I just started the java scene and installed, JDK1.6.0_14, NetBeans and JavaDB; however, I am having some issues connecting and running an SQL application, without getting CLASS errors, so is there some step by step documentation, that's a little more user friendly, that you could send me, which will get me up and running, my data base applications. I know that I will probably neeed to set up some type of configuration, but what I am finding, is that I am probably not doing something correctly. Am I missing something as part of my software download?????, which will get me up and running???.

     I have reviewed the documentation(Getting Started) and pretty much followed the steps and got the same errors, for CLASS and uninstalled, removed path changes, derbytutor instruct and basically, whatever I had done.... Again if by chance you may have any working step by step doc. examples to send me, please send them to me. I am using windows XP.

     What I am trying to do is setup a data base and access the data base information, through a Java program, so that at some point, I can create other applications, using various data bases. I really apreciate your time. I can be reached @ (314)-236-1360.. I am sure that the solution is simple, but I found that I am wasting alot of time. I have to ask and move forward....

James C Nash

Re: Setting up my derby data base...

Posted by Donald McLean <dm...@gmail.com>.
James,

I doubt that you will find the kind of documentation that you are
looking for. Developers tend to be an independent do-it-yourself lot
so you would probably get more help posting specific error messages
and asking specific questions.

Just my tupence.

Donald
Family photographs are a critical legacy for
ourselves and our descendants. Protect that
legacy with a digital backup and recovery plan.

Re: Setting up my derby data base...

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
James Nas wrote:
> Hello;
>
>      I just started the java scene and installed,
> *JDK1.6.0_14*, *NetBeans* and *JavaDB*; however, I am having some
> issues connecting and running an SQL application, without getting
> *CLASS errors*, so is there some step by step documentation, that's a
> little more user friendly, that you could send me, which will get me
> up and running, my data base applications. I

Maybe you will find the tutorial helpful:
http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/DerbyTut/index.html

If not, please post a description o f what you are trying and the error
you are getting, and I am sure someone will be able to help.

Kathey