Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by marotosg <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/12 12:59:11 UTC

ExtractRequestHandler with url instead of path to file

Hi,

I would like to make a request to Solr to index documents hosted as urls.
This works when I send a path to the file but seems to fail when sending an
url.

Sample request
http://solrhost:8983/solr/document/update/extract?&extractOnly=true&stream.file=http://serverwith
docs:8080/Box_Sync.log

Do you have any idea how to achieve this using ExtractRequestHandler.

Thanks,
Sergio

Re: ExtractRequestHandler with url instead of path to file

Posted by marotosg <ma...@gmail.com>.
Found the issue. Was using the wrong parameter. stream.url instead of
stream.file
http://solrhost:8983/solr/document/update/extract?&extractOnly=true&stream.url=http://serverwith

Re: ExtractRequestHandler with url instead of path to file

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Have you tried enabling remoteStreaming?
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_0/content-streams.html#remote-streaming

Regards,
   Alex.