Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Ben McCann <be...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/25 19:24:51 UTC

Removing IKVM for 2.0

Hi,

IKVM support was dropped when we migrated from Ant to Maven. I'd like to
suggest that adding support back for 2.0 should not be a blocker for the
2.0 release. None of the current active commiters is either using the .NET
stuff nor is able to maintain it.

Can we remove the Fix Version on the ticket PDFBOX-2705 - Add IKVM support
to Maven Build <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-2705> to make
it clear that adding support for .NET will not block a 2.0 release?

Thanks,
Ben

Re: Removing IKVM for 2.0

Posted by Daniel Wilson <wi...@gmail.com>.
I, though not as active as I'd like to be, will be working with the .net
version again next week.

I don't want to see IKVM dropped completely, but if that issue needs to
move to a 2.01 or 2.1 or something,  I don't object.