Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Sarath Ambadas <sa...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/16 07:11:23 UTC

[NET] commons net FTP server to server file transfer problem

Hi
I am trying to implement the Server to Server file transfer using Commons
Net 140 API.
I tried to execute the sample program(server2serverFTP.java) given in the
source download but its getting hanged. One FTP Server is in my local
machine and the other in a different machine. The files are available in
both the machines. But I am getting file unavailable message.below are the
details. Am I doing wrong in any point. Please help me.
Also cant we do server to server file transfer with FTP servers running in
two differnt machines other than the machine where client program is
running.
If anybody has a sample program which can be shared that would be of great
help.
Thanks in Advance.
Sarath

220 Service ready for new user
Connected to 9.182.14.76 <http://9.182.14.76>.
220 Service ready for new user
Connected to localhost.
USER admin
331 User name okay, need password for admin
PASS admin
230 User logged in, proceed
USER admin
331 User name okay, need password for admin
PASS admin
230 User logged in, proceed
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (127,0,0,1,12,217)
PORT 127,0,0,1,12,217
200 Command PORT okay
RETR Create1.txt
150 File status okay; about to open data connection
STOU Create2.txt
150 File status okay; about to open data connection
550 File Create1.txt unavailable