Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/23 17:04:58 UTC

How would we handle this?

I found that Confluent has an Avro data generator project. Their code is
ASL 2.0 with the caveat that it has a GPL dependency and they reference a
GPL'd class in it. Can I bring this ASL 2.0 code into our code base or do I
have to treat it as GPL-tainted even if I remove the references to the one
annotation that was from a GPL'd library?

https://github.com/confluentinc/avro-random-generator/blob/master/src/main/java/io/confluent/avro/random/generator/Generator.java

Thanks,

Mike

Re: How would we handle this?

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
I am going to send them a pull request since it looks like the only
contributors are Confluent employees. If they don't respond to that, I'll
go that route.

Re: How would we handle this?

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
Mike,