Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Paul McCulloch <pa...@axiossystems.com> on 2003/08/20 19:40:18 UTC

jstl:fmt i18n weirdness

I'm experiencing werdness with localised fmt:message calls. It appears that
the langauge of the first request to the context determines the langauage of
all future requests, even from other machines.

For example:
1) Tomcat restarted
2) Browser A requests a page in French - the page is displayed in French
3) Browser B requests same page in English - page is diplayed in French!

Restarting tomcat & asking for the page in English displays the page in
English! All subsequesnt requests, regardless of the browser's langauge, ar
in English.

Any ideas anyone?

I'm using Jakarta's 1.0.3 jstl implementation on Tomcat 4.1.18. I get the
same issue when I specify the bundle in the jsp itself (<fmt:bundle
basename="...) or via web.xml.

Thanks,

Paul

**************************************
Axios Email Confidentiality Footer
Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify us immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by my Company or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorised representative independent of this message.
WARNING:
While Axios Systems Ltd takes steps to prevent computer viruses from being transmitted via electronic mail attachments we cannot guarantee that attachments do not contain computer virus code.  You are therefore strongly advised to undertake anti virus checks prior to accessing the attachment to this electronic mail.  Axios Systems Ltd grants no warranties regarding performance use or quality of any attachment and undertakes no liability for loss or damage howsoever caused.

[OT ]Re: jstl:fmt i18n weirdness

Posted by Yann C�bron <ya...@yahoo.de>.
> I'm experiencing werdness with localised fmt:message calls. It appears
that

This tag has nothing do to with Struts, so please ask on the taglibs-user
mailing-list. I remember seeing a couple of messages regarding this problem,
so you might find an answer in the archives.

    Yann