Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2018/09/04 22:52:27 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 8.5.34

The proposed Apache Tomcat 8.5.34 release is now available for voting.

The major changes compared to the 8.5.33 release are:

- Fix multiple issues associated with using the asynchronous Servlet
  API in combination with HTTP/2

- Add recursion to rewrite substitution parsing

- Expand the information in the documentation web application
  regarding the use of CATALINA_HOME and CATALINA_BASE.
  Patch provided by Marek Czernek.

Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.

It can be obtained from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-8/v8.5.34/
The Maven staging repo is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1194/
The svn tag is:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc8.5.x/tags/TOMCAT_8_5_34/

The proposed 8.5.34 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 8.5.34

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 8.5.34

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 12:52 AM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> The proposed Apache Tomcat 8.5.34 release is now available for voting.
>
> The major changes compared to the 8.5.33 release are:
>
> - Fix multiple issues associated with using the asynchronous Servlet
>   API in combination with HTTP/2
>
> - Add recursion to rewrite substitution parsing
>
> - Expand the information in the documentation web application
>   regarding the use of CATALINA_HOME and CATALINA_BASE.
>   Patch provided by Marek Czernek.
>

> Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-8/v8.5.34/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1194/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc8.5.x/tags/TOMCAT_8_5_34/
>
> The proposed 8.5.34 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 8.5.34

Rémy

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 8.5.34

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 04/09/18 23:52, Mark Thomas wrote:

<snip/>

> The proposed 8.5.34 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 8.5.34

Unit tests pass for NIO, NIO2 and APR/Native (1.2.17) on Linux, OSX and
Windows.

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 8.5.34

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
Le 05/09/2018 à 00:52, Mark Thomas a écrit :

> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 8.5.34

+1, tested NIO/NIO2/APR on Debian with OpenJDK 10 and OpenSSL 1.1.1

Emmanuel Bourg

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 8.5.34

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2018-09-05 um 00:52 schrieb Mark Thomas:
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 8.5.34 release is now available for voting.
>
> The major changes compared to the 8.5.33 release are:
>
> - Fix multiple issues associated with using the asynchronous Servlet
>    API in combination with HTTP/2
>
> - Add recursion to rewrite substitution parsing
>
> - Expand the information in the documentation web application
>    regarding the use of CATALINA_HOME and CATALINA_BASE.
>    Patch provided by Marek Czernek.
>

> Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-8/v8.5.34/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1194/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc8.5.x/tags/TOMCAT_8_5_34/
>
> The proposed 8.5.34 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 8.5.34

+1

Tests all pass with OpenJDK with OpenJ9 on Windows. Looking forward to
deploy it on our servers.

Michael

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 8.5.34

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Ping.

Just a reminder that we only have 2 votes for this release at the
moment. If any PMC members who haven't voted could take a look that
would be appreciated.

Mark

Posted by Coty Sutherland <cs...@redhat.com>.

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache Tomcat 8.5.34

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 10/09/18 21:25, Michael Osipov wrote:
> Am 2018-09-10 um 22:18 schrieb Mark Thomas:
>> The following voters were cast:
>>
>> Binding:
>> +1: remm, markt, michaelo, csutherl, ebourg
>
> My vote is binding? I am solely a committer at moment, not a PMC member.

Bah. And I checked that as well. You are correct. Your vote is
non-biding. Getting too late here...

Mark

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache Tomcat 8.5.34

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
The following voters were cast:

Binding:
+1: remm, markt, michaelo, csutherl, ebourg

No other votes were cast.

This vote therefore passes.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

I'll move the bits now and hopefully announce alongside 9.0.x if the
mirrors sync up quickly enough.

Mark