Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org> on 2011/10/31 08:19:39 UTC

Survery: how do you use httpd?

Re: Survery: how do you use httpd?

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.
On Oct 31, 2011, at 12:56 AM, Graham Dumpleton wrote:

> On 31 October 2011 18:24, William A. Rowe Jr. <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>> On 10/31/2011 2:19 AM, Sander Temme wrote:
>>> Dear Apache developers/users,
>>>
>>> I have created a quick survey to see how YOU use Apache and what is important to you:
>>>
>>> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HFGDY3C
>>>
>>> It's only eight questions, and there's only one matrix!  Shouldn't take but a minute to fill out.  Nothing official: I'm just curious.
>>
>> Under 4. you missed fcgid... and next to mod_python, mod_wsgi.
>
> Since mod_python has been sent to the attic, is no longer maintained,
> hasn't had a release in almost 5 years and would have to be patched to
> even build with latest Apache versions, one wonders why it is even
> listed. Listing it in same category next to mod_wsgi, which is
> actively looked after, is going to give importance to mod_python that
> probably it shouldn't get.

Yeah, I should have listed mod_wsgi.  And FastCGI.  And plain ole mod_proxy.

Too late to change the survey now, we're 45 responses into it.

S.

PGP FP: FC5A 6FC6 2E25 2DFD 8007  EE23 9BB8 63B0 F51B B88A

View my availability: http://tungle.me/sctemme

Re: Survery: how do you use httpd?

Posted by Graham Dumpleton <gr...@gmail.com>.
On 31 October 2011 18:24, William A. Rowe Jr. <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> On 10/31/2011 2:19 AM, Sander Temme wrote:
>> Dear Apache developers/users,
>>
>> I have created a quick survey to see how YOU use Apache and what is important to you:
>>
>> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HFGDY3C
>>
>> It's only eight questions, and there's only one matrix!  Shouldn't take but a minute to fill out.  Nothing official: I'm just curious.
>
> Under 4. you missed fcgid... and next to mod_python, mod_wsgi.

Since mod_python has been sent to the attic, is no longer maintained,
hasn't had a release in almost 5 years and would have to be patched to
even build with latest Apache versions, one wonders why it is even
listed. Listing it in same category next to mod_wsgi, which is
actively looked after, is going to give importance to mod_python that
probably it shouldn't get.

Graham

Re: Survery: how do you use httpd?

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.