Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Magnus Karlsson <ma...@home.se> on 2006/05/02 11:10:08 UTC

LINK fatal error LNK1561

I've installed Axis C++ along with Apache Web Server on Windows XP Professional.

Now, I'm trying to build the client calculator example, but it ends up with following error message:

Creating library Calculator.lib and object Calculator.exp
LINK : fatal error LNK1561: entry point must be defined

Does anyone know how to get around this problem?

Please, help me anyone!
Magnus Karlsson
Prästbolsgatan 4D
587 33  Linköping
013-210052, 070-7315374

Re: LINK fatal error LNK1561

Posted by Fred Preston <PR...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi Magnus,
        There could be several answers to this question, but without any
detail I can only guess as to what might be causing this error...  The
questions would be;-

Are you building the Client as a "Win32 Console Project"?  If so, you also
have to remember to set the following build options:-  Project-> (project)
Properties...->C++->Code Generation->Runtime Library must be set to "/MD"
(Multi-threaded DLL) and Project-> (project)
Properties...->Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies must include the
Axis Client library (axis_client.dll).
Have you set the AXISCPP_DEPLOY environment variable and downloaded the
associated prerequisite software and put the path of those libraries into
your PATH environment variable?

The error itself does point to either the wrong type of project or a
missing library.  Without more information, it is difficult to narrow the
problem...

Regards,

Fred Preston.

"Magnus Karlsson" <ma...@home.se>