Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by "White4, Ryan (STATCAN)" <ry...@canada.ca> on 2018/07/23 21:43:08 UTC

Proof of concept work and conferences

Hello,

I am working on some proof-of-concept with Arrow. I am just getting started, but I've been trolling for a few months, reading the documentation, etc... I pitched the idea of using a standard data format in a conference abstract which has been accepted (https://www.adrfconference.org/). I did not put Arrow in the abstract, however, there is some language that is close to the Arrow description "standardized, cross-language, in-memory data format ". Couple of questions:
-       Who to contact in regards to presenting work related to Arrow at conferences? I can update the abstract if any changes are required. I am happy to share with Arrow.
-       Best forum to ask user questions for Arrow?
I am a researcher at Statistics Canada, interested in building analytical capability with open source software and standards for data science within the Canadian government.

Thanks

Ryan Mackenzie White, Ph. D.

Research Analyst - Administrative Data Division, Analytical Studies, Methodology and Statistical Infrastructure Field
Statistics Canada / Government of Canada
ryan.white4@canada.ca<ma...@canada.ca> / Tel: 613-608-0015

Analyste de recherche- Division des données administratives, Secteur des études analytiques, de la méthodologie et de l'infrastructure statistique
Statistique Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
ryan.white4@canada.ca<ma...@canada.ca> / Tél. : 613-608-0015