Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2007/10/29 21:45:28 UTC

[S2] JIRA Components

We're still using the same basic list of components that we inherited
from WW. Given that advent of plugins, we may want to realign the
components.

I'd like to rename some of the componets, as follows:

API                  | "New" API (Bob Lee)
Component Management | Build Management
Configuration        | XML Configuration
Dispatch             | Dispatch Filter
Examples             | Example Applications
Interceptors         | Core Interceptors
Misc                 | Other
Plugins              | Plugin Mechanism
Portlet Integration  | Plugin - Portlet
Temp (never used)    | Plugin - CodeBehind
Tests                | Unit Tests
Validation           | XML Validators
Views                | Plugin - Tags

The Component Management category has been used for various things,
but the common theme now seems to be "Build Management".

The Temp category has never been used, so we can reuse it for a new component

And add two other new components:

* Plugin - Dojo Tags
* Plugin - JasperReports

The complete list would then be

 * Build Management
 * Core Interceptors
 * Dispatch Filter
 * Documentation
 * Example Applications
 * Expression Language
 * "New" API (Bob Lee)
 * Other
 * Plugin Mechanism
 * Plugin - CodeBehind
 * Plugin - Dojo
 * Plugin - JasperReports
 * Plugin - Portlet
 * Plugin - Tags
 * Unit Tests
 * XML Configuration
 * XML Validators
 * Value Stack

Thoughts?

-Ted.

Re: [S2] JIRA Components

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Done. I'll also look for the tickets to apply to this and the other
new components.

Re: [S2] JIRA Components

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: [S2] JIRA Components

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Yes, we'd need components for Spring and SiteMesh, but I didn't recall
any outstanding tickets against the others. My thought was to create

Re: [S2] JIRA Components

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.