Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ninju Bohra <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2005/04/15 17:43:10 UTC

How to hide output of an

Hello all,

On my Windows Box, I have a series of <exec> calls to
do a set of Orcale database operations, one of the
calls look like:

       <exec executable="imp.exe">
          <arg value="${import.login}"/>
          <arg
value="file=${export.dir}\DataExport.dmp"/>
          <arg
value="log=${export.dir}\DataImport.log"/>
          <arg
value="parfile=${export.dir}\fromuser.txt"/>
          <arg value="touser=${import.user}"/>
          <arg value="BUFFER=32000000"/>
          <arg value="RECORDLENGTH=65535"/>
          <arg value="IGNORE=N"/>
          <arg value="GRANTS=N"/>
          <arg value="ROWS=Y"/>
          <arg value="COMMIT=N"/>
          <arg value="INDEXES=Y"/>
          <env key="NLS_LANG"
value="AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8"/>
       </exec>

Now everything works fine with the program generating
a lot of output to the console.  This output is useful
when the call initiated by a user, but we also have an
automated CruiseControl process that uses the same
targets to load it's database and the problem is that
all that output (2k+ lines) ends up cluttering the
final CC email that gets generated.

So is there any simple parameter that I can send to
the <exec> task to tell it to suppress sending the
output the to System.out?