Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/30 07:37:20 UTC

[NOTICE] Epic issue created for releasing Storm 2.0.0

Hi devs,

I don't revive a really long mail thread and just initiate a new thread,
but I think we have been initiating discussion around Storm 2.0.0 several
time.
We have been asking to ourselves that it is ready, and if not just wait for
all the things to be resolved. Looks like it doesn't set the finish line
clear and not able to track remaining works for releasing.

So as same as other pending releases being prepared, I created an epic
issue for releasing Storm 2.0.0.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-2714

It doesn't mean we will release it sooner. (Hopefully sooner btw.) We could
discuss and add the issues to the epic which should be targeted to 2.0.0.

I added some issues based on bug issues affecting 2.0.0 and status is
'open'. Also added remaining works (not a bugfix) as well.

Link:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20storm%20AND%20type%20%3D%20bug%20and%20status%20%3D%20open%20and%20affectedVersion%20%3D%202.0.0
<about:invalid#zClosurez>

I excluded some issues target to multiple affect versions, given that it
should be addressed to 1.x version line (I mean better to add them to 1.1.2
epic) if we can address it soon, or treat them as out of 2.0.0. Please feel
free to revisit the list and add to one of epics we created for 1.1.2,
1.2.0, 2.0.0 if you think it should be addressed.

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

ps. I excluded all issues regarding porting tests because we had consensus
to not strictly address them in 2.0.0.
ps2. I didn't add issues which are in reviewing (I mean PR is available.)
so completion of all the issues in epic may not directly incur starting
release phase of Storm 2.0.0, but we could ask ourselves which things we
would want to wait for merging in at that time.