Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Hyukjin Kwon <gu...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/16 12:06:24 UTC

Creating a new component "Connect" in JIRA

Hi all,

I created a new component called "Connect" temporarily for the Spark
Connect project,
see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-39375 because a lot of
changes will be
made in an isolated location, and the concept itself is pretty isolated as
a separate component
In addition, this will be an alpha component, see also
https://spark.apache.org/versioning-policy.html .

While I don't think there is a particular problem, I wanted to see if
there's any concern about this.
Please let me know if you guys have any concerns about this!

Otherwise, I will make some corresponding changes in other places such as
https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/.github/labeler.yml.

Thanks all!!

Re: Creating a new component "Connect" in JIRA

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for sharing that information.

+1 for the proposed way.

Dongjoon.