Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Wolf Benz <eu...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/07 13:01:28 UTC

Sanbox - Up to date Taglib descriptor

Hi List,

Does anyone have a up-to-date taglib file for sandbox bny any chance?
I wanted to use
<h:inputText required="true" size="20" value="#{loginbean.user.WWID}"
id="username" >
   <s:convertNumber destType="java.lang.Long" />
</h:inputText>
[WWID = world wide ID; 8 digits long]
To convert the String to a Long, but I got the exception saying
/index.xhtml @78,54 <s:convertNumber> Tag Library supports namespace:
http://myfaces.apache.org/sandbox, but no tag was defined for name:
convertNumber
And with reason; I took a look and convertBoolean is there; convertNumer isn't.

What would also help me, is if some knows how to add, in that sandbox
file, the tag info like for convertBoolean:

<tag>
      <tag-name>convertBoolean</tag-name>
      <converter>
         <converter-id>org.apache.myfaces.custom.convertboolean.BooleanConverter</converter-id>
      </converter>
   </tag>

.... but then for convertNumber.
I checked on the MF site
(http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/Projects/FaceletsTaglibsMyfacesSandbox)
but there as well, it's not taken in the list. -> should be updated.

Btw I hope I get it right in thinking it also converts captured info
from the user, to convert it before it goes back to the back-end?
(i.e. not only for rendering info coming from the BE)

-Wolf

Re: Sanbox - Up to date Taglib descriptor

Posted by Wolf Benz <eu...@gmail.com>.
If I knew how, I would have done it already. (or better: with what content)
No prob adding it there if someone knows how and posts it here :-)
-Wolf

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wolf Benz <eu...@gmail.com>.