Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Vikas Phonsa <VP...@suz.com> on 2004/01/16 23:14:18 UTC

CVS Downloads, Eclipse

Hi Guys,

Is anybody using Eclipse over here ? When you do a CVS check out of any
Apache project into Eclipse all the directory structure get really screwed
up.

Like Eclipse by default, would take the package structure as

Avalon.fortress.src.java.org.apache.avalon.fortress........

And you have to spend lots and lots of time rearranging stuff to make the
mavenized directory structure work.

Does anybody has any smart trick to take care of this in Eclipse ? Or any
tool or something.

Vikas

Re: CVS Downloads, Eclipse

Posted by __matthewHawthorne <ma...@apache.org>.
Vikas Phonsa wrote:
 > Is anybody using Eclipse over here ? When you do a CVS check out of
 > any Apache project into Eclipse all the directory structure get
really > screwed up.

 > Does anybody has any smart trick to take care of this in Eclipse ? Or
 > any tool or something.

I usually prefer to check out from the command line and add my projects
to Eclipse manually.

I made an apache folder which is my Eclipse project root, and the I
check out projects beneath:

apache/
   .classpath
   .project

   jakarta-commons/
   jakarta-commons-sandbox/
   ant/

But this may not be preferable for you -- I don't particularly like
Eclipse's CVS handling and I do work with other editors as well.

Re: CVS Downloads, Eclipse

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
You should be able to go into the directory of a mavenized project and
type "maven eclipse" to build the eclipse project files...then, it's as
easy as refreshing the project view in eclipse, and you're golden.

-john