Posted to users@felix.apache.org by jo...@exceter.com on 2011/06/24 19:25:49 UTC

Bundle.getDataFile(String) Question

Bundle.getDataFile(String) is a very useful method but I'm curious if
I can safely use it to create sub directories within the bundle's
storage area so that I can more easily manage large numbers of files.

Re: BundleListener and System.out

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 6/27/11 13:29, john.dunlap@exceter.com wrote:
> I'm not sure why but when I use SynchronousBundleListener instead of
> BundleListener the output starts appearing in the console.

Still sounds like potential redirection per thread, since synchronous
events would happen on a different thread. You may want to ask this
question on the Karaf list if you can't get an answer here.

-> richard

Posted by jo...@exceter.com.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
> [...]

     System.out.println("\tFrameworkEvent(type=" + event.getType() +
     ",bundle=" + event.getBundle() +
     ",source=" + event.getSource() +
     ",throwable=" + event.getThrowable() + ")");
     invoked++;
   }

   public void bundleChanged(BundleEvent event)
   {
     System.out.println("\tBundleEvent(type=" + event.getType() +
     ",bundle=" + event.getBundle() +
     ",source=" + event.getSource() + ")");
     invoked++;
   }
}

However, when I run this in karaf the System.out.println calls within
the start/stop methods work but the ones within frameworkEvent and
bundleChanged do not. I know they are being invoked because the stop
method displays an integer value larger than zero. Why isn't

Re: Bundle.getDataFile(String) Question

Posted by jo...@exceter.com.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.