Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Fabio Gasparetti <ga...@dia.uniroma3.it> on 2004/01/30 17:32:57 UTC

selective-field and score

I'd like to have the query score of one particular document,
without cycling all the results.
I've used a "id" field so I can select the doc, then I execute:

QueryParser.parse("("+queryString+") AND id:"+id, "text", analyzer);

But in this way, the obtained score from hits is always 1.
If the id field is dropped, I've the correct score,
but I'm not able to directly select the doc I want.

Re: selective-field and score

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
If you know the document id, you can use IndexSearcher.explain() (you
could do a TermQuery to find it to get the number, or get to it more
directly through IndexReader perhaps).

You are affecting the score by adding more to the query as the score is
based on the query itself.

	Erik