Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Dorn <pa...@ratgroup.net> on 2000/01/16 19:34:59 UTC

Cant get tomcat to stay running on Win98

I cleaned up the startup.bat and tomcat.bat files, made sure that tools.jar
is on the class path.
I am using the 1.2 jdk that ships with JBuilder3 on win98
The server looks like it is starting but then returns me to a command line
I have tried it with and without starting it in a separate window.  No
difference.
I followed that with attempts to reach http://localhost:8080
to no avail.  Any suggesstions would be appreciated.

- Paul Dorn
Remote Access Technologies Group, Inc.
344-5 Route 9  #233
Lanoka Harbor, NJ 08734
paul@ratgroup.net
609-709-4050

Re: Cant get tomcat to stay running on Win98

Posted by doug <de...@vnet.net>.
I had the same manifest behavior.  The underlying cause was two fold: 1)
insufficient environment space and 2) user blindness in not catching the "out
of environment space" error message. Try upping the dos box's environment space
to 1k or 2k.

Paul Dorn wrote:

> I cleaned up the startup.bat and tomcat.bat files, made sure that tools.jar
> is on the class path.
> I am using the 1.2 jdk that ships with JBuilder3 on win98
> The server looks like it is starting but then returns me to a command line
> I have tried it with and without starting it in a separate window.  No
> difference.
> I followed that with attempts to reach http://localhost:8080
> to no avail.  Any suggesstions would be appreciated.
>
> - Paul Dorn
> Remote Access Technologies Group, Inc.
> 344-5 Route 9  #233
> Lanoka Harbor, NJ 08734
> paul@ratgroup.net
> 609-709-4050

Copyright © 2000 by Douglas Brown. All rights reserved.
All information in this communication, including any mail addresses,
is the intellectual property of the copyright holder. You are given a
limited, one-time, one shot, single use license in order to respond to
expressly forbidden.