Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Ian C.Sison" <ia...@qsr.com.ph> on 2000/06/09 19:04:49 UTC

[DESPERATE] Problems with apache-php3perl SRPM

Hi all,

I've tried working with the apache-php3perl SRPM which was posted on the

http://perl.apache.org/distributions.html

page.  It's an SRPM that is designed to statically link in php3 and mod_perl
into the apache binary.  Basically, i can get the SRPM to compile, but i can't
seem to enable mod_perl.  I've already emailed the maintainer, but maybe any
one in the list can also point me to the right direction.

My procedure to setup is to first compile/and rebuild the SRPM to an RPM and
then install it with rpm -i

I then tried my luck and started apache, and it worked.

However when i tried enabling the config setting with the PerlHandler keyword:
(I commented out the <IfModule> because the SRPM builds mod_perl statically
into apache

# If the perl module is installed, this will be enabled.
 #<IfModule mod_perl.c>
   Alias /perl/ /home/httpd/perl/
   <Location /perl>
     SetHandler perl-script
     PerlHandler Apache::Registry
     Options +ExecCGI
   </Location>
 #</IfModule>

If i do this i try to restart apache, i get this:

Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 862 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'PerlHandler', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration

Now i know the FAQ entries on this error code, but i know perl is included and
linked statically, so the keyword  PerlHandler should work.  Looking at httpd -l
I get:

Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c
  mod_perl.c
  mod_php3.c
suexec: enabled; valid wrapper /usr/sbin/suexec

Then the maintainer wanted me to eliminate the possiblity of having another
httpd binary in my disk, so...  These are the only ones in my disk.

[root@mikmik /]# find / -name httpd -type f -print -exec ls -l {} \;
/var/lock/subsys/httpd
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            0 Jun  9 16:57 /var/lock/subsys/httpd
/usr/sbin/httpd
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      2100244 Jun  9 14:27 /usr/sbin/httpd
/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          865 Jun  9 14:27 /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd
[root@mikmik /]#

 i quote httpd -V

 Server version: Apache/1.3.12 (Unix)  (Red Hat/Linux) Server built:  Jun 9
 2000 12:04:16 Server's Module Magic Number: 19990320:7 Server compiled
 with....
  -D EAPI
  -D HAVE_MMAP
  -D HAVE_SHMGET
  -D USE_SHMGET_SCOREBOARD
  -D USE_MMAP_FILES
  -D USE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
  -D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr"
  -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/sbin/suexec"
  -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="/var/run/httpd.pid"
  -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="/var/run/httpd.scoreboard"
  -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="/var/run/httpd.lock"
  -D DEFAULT_XFERLOG="/var/log/httpd/access_log"
  -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="/var/log/httpd/error_log"
  -D TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/httpd/conf/mime.types"
  -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf"
  -D ACCESS_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/httpd/conf/access.conf"
  -D RESOURCE_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/httpd/conf/srm.conf"

I've tried also on other hardware so it's not that either.  Has anyone tried
to build apache with mod_perl statically?  Can anyone  replicate this problem,
because i'm at my wits end.