Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Euan Guttridge <EG...@buildonline.com> on 2003/04/26 23:40:22 UTC

new ant-cactus, class not found

The new version (build 25/04) of the cactus-ant integration throws a class
not found when runing the tests in tomcat
"javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest" . I presume this is servlet.jar?
Servlet.jar is in tomcats common lib, I also even tried putting into the
deployed war , and $ANT_HOME/lib but still no luck. It seems I am the only
one with this problem but cannot think why...

Any ideas?

Thanks
Euan

[junit] TEST
com.buildonline.upload.request.cactus.CreateRevisionInfoDetailsTestCase
FAILED
[junit] Running
com.buildonline.upload.request.cactus.SaveUploadDocumentListTestCase
[junit] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest
[junit]     at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
[junit]     at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:140)
[junit]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.<init>(JUnitTes
tRunner.java:235
[junit]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.<init>(JUnitTes
tRunner.java:208
[junit]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitTestR
unner.java:517)

RE: new ant-cactus, class not found

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Euan,

The reason seems to be that you do not have servlet.jar in the Cactus
client class path. Make sure your classpath is as described on the
Cactus classpath howto web page. If you're using the new Cactus/Ant
integration as is (i.e. without any modification) you should have
everything working fine. See the Sample Servlet application for how to
use the new Cactus/Ant integration.

Thanks
-Vincent