Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Saffer, Kevin" <0K...@ldsltd.com> on 2000/01/11 19:38:04 UTC

RE: You have to break eggs to make an omlette [was: LONG TERM PLA N]

> On Tue, 11 Jan 2000 costin@costin.dnt.ro wrote:
>
> > Does everyone agree that tomcat.core will have a dependency on DOM ?
> > ( tomcat.current doesn't - is this a feature we want for the new
> architecture?)
>
> Why? Is it because the interceptors are picked from server.xml and are
> configured in by core?
>
> It would be nice if core didn't have a dependency. It makes core lesser
> embeddable. I'd like to see APIs that allow us to plug interceptors in and
> the server.xml file is read and then these APIs are called at startup
> time.

	if this is true, that is core is dependant on DOM because of
configuration
	I don't exactly know where the DOM dependancy exists, but if it is
only in configuration using server.xml, then the configuration can be
removed from core by creating a configuration interface, a specific
configurator would read server.xml and configure core.