Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> on 2006/01/23 20:59:23 UTC

Release 0.9.8 and 1.2.3? (Was Re: svn commit: r371616 - /apr/apr-util/branches/0.9.x/CHANGES)

On 1/23/06, Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu> wrote:

> Would it make sense to roll a 0.9.8 of apr and apr-util, so that the
> upcoming httpd-2.0.56 and subversion-1.3.1 can use a released version
> that supports bdb-4.4? Are there any outstanding patches waiting for
> backport to apr-0.9.x?

I would like to roll both 0.9.x and 1.2.x releases that contain this
change, but it would probably be a good idea to make a quick spin
through the commit logs looking for low hanging fruit that could be
merged back.

I'd like to shoot for a release sometime this week, if nobody objects.
 I should be able to find some time in the next day or two to look for
fixes that should be merged...

-garrett

Re: Release 0.9.8 and 1.2.3? (Was Re: svn commit: r371616 - /apr/apr-util/branches/0.9.x/CHANGES)

Posted by Colm MacCarthaigh <co...@stdlib.net>.
On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 11:59:23AM -0800, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> I'd like to shoot for a release sometime this week, if nobody objects.
>  I should be able to find some time in the next day or two to look for
> fixes that should be merged...

Sounds good!

Re: Release 0.9.8 and 1.2.3? (Was Re: svn commit: r371616 - /apr/apr-util/branches/0.9.x/CHANGES)

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Jan 23, 2006, at 2:59 PM, Garrett Rooney wrote:

> I'd like to shoot for a release sometime this week, if nobody objects.
>  I should be able to find some time in the next day or two to look for
> fixes that should be merged...

+1

Re: Release 0.9.8 and 1.2.3? (Was Re: svn commit: r371616 - /apr/apr-util/branches/0.9.x/CHANGES)

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 1/23/06, Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:

> I'd like to shoot for a release sometime this week, if nobody objects.
> I should be able to find some time in the next day or two to look for
> fixes that should be merged...

Since nobody seems to be jumping up and down saying "NO, WE CAN'T
RELEASE", I'm going to go ahead with it.

I've got a pretty good list of merge candidates now, and I'll be
merging them back to 1.2.x and 0.9.x as appropriate tonight.

If anyone else has things they'd like to get in (wrowe mentioned some
pending patches) please try to have them in today or tomorrow, as I'm
planning on rolling tarballs tomorrow night sometime.

If people really want to wait for some reason we can push as far back
as friday, but I'd really like to get this rolled, tested, and out so
that Colm can use it in the upcoming HTTPD release.

-garrett