Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Christopher <ct...@apache.org> on 2017/08/02 18:18:04 UTC

Please release a 0.10.1

Hi,

The current version of Thrift, 0.10.0, is essentially unusable for Java
because of THRIFT-4062, marked as "critical". A suggestion has been
proposed for an urgent release of 0.10.1 with only this fix, but there has
been nearly no responses from the thrift community on whether this is going
to happen. Users are demanding it, but the thrift developer community seems
unresponsive to this request.

I urge the thrift developers to immediately consider preparing and voting
on a release candidate which includes the fix in THRIFT-4062, even if no
other issues are included. A rapid, urgent release is warranted in this
case because of the critical usability issue. I do not know your timeline
for 0.11.0, but I think this issue is too critical and should be fixed
immediately as 0.10.1, rather than wait on 0.11.0.

Thank you for your time,

Christopher