Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com> on 2004/12/28 22:59:57 UTC

Radical refactoring and cleanup experiments

Hi gang,

Don't be alarmed by the Dec04MajorCleanup you can see appearing in the SVN
logs. Reading through the gump code I had lots of ideas I wanted to try but
didn't feel comfortable pushing into the trunk. Can't really afford to break
a lot of stuff here :-D

Anyways, I'm doing some source code reorg to make things the way I roughly
think they should be, them removing all bits of pygump code that isn't used,
I don't understand, or could probably be implemented in a more modular
fashion or made into a responsibility for dynagump. Basically I want to see
what we end up with. I have no idea whether it'll be worth making this
branch into something usable (I suspect not!), but I hope it should be of
interest to others as well regardless (which is why I'm checking it in).

Cheers,

- Leo

Re: Radical refactoring and cleanup experiments

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>.
I was that shy once, hence we created "live" separate from "trunk". If we
don't have enough on "live" that you are nervous, maybe we ought move those
workspaces. So, if you feel like going for it, go for it...

BTW: I do have a bunch of outstanding commits to make (sadly, removing
Depot) and adding some configurability, but since I sat on them to long I'm
happy to merge.

regards

Adam