Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Manuel Le Normand <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/30 09:36:01 UTC

Searching and highlighting ten's of fields

Hello,
I need to expose the search and highlighting capabilities over few tens of
fields. The edismax's qf param makes it possible but the time performances
for searching tens of words over tens of fields is problematic.

I made a copyField (indexed, not stored) for these fields, which gives way
better search performances but does not enable highlighting the original
fields which are stored.

Is there any way of searching this copyField and highlighting other fields
with any of the highlight components?

BTW, I need to keep the field structure so storing the copyField is not an
alternative.

Re: Searching and highlighting ten's of fields

Posted by Manuel Le Normand <ma...@gmail.com>.
Right, it works!
I was not aware of this functionality and being able to customize it by
hl.requireFieldMatch param.

Thanks

Re: Searching and highlighting ten's of fields

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
bq: Is there a way to search the global copyField but highlight the original
stored fields?

That's what I was suggesting. Specify the global field for your search, but
use
hl.fl for fields you want to copy.

And yes, storing the fields is required for highlighting. Consider stemming
(or
worse, phonetic tokens). If you didn't store the fields, you'd have to work
with
the analyzed tokens and display _those_, which would be puzzling at best
to a user.

Best,
Erick

Posted by Manuel Le Normand <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Manuel Le Normand <ma...@gmail.com>.
Current I use the classic but I can change my posting format in order to
work with another highlighting component if that leads to any solution

Re: Searching and highlighting ten's of fields

Posted by au...@francelabs.com.
Hello,

Do you use classic highlighter or fast vector highlighter?

Aurélien