Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Benjamin Jakobus <be...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/06 15:06:29 UTC

Newbie - proposed changes

Hi all,

I have begun analyzing the Hive codebase as part of my MSc in Computer
Science and have found some minor optimization issues in the codebase,
which I would like to rectify and contribute. The issues / clean-up
suggestions can be found here (sorry, the file is larger than the allowed
max for this mailinglist):
http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~bj112/hive-optimizations.txt

Kind Regards,
Benjamin

Re: Newbie - proposed changes

Posted by Benjamin Jakobus <be...@gmail.com>.
ok, thanks. will do. will i be able to push changes then? or do i submit
them to somebody for review?

Re: Newbie - proposed changes

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
Please read:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HowToContribute

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Benjamin Jakobus <

Re: Newbie - proposed changes

Posted by Benjamin Jakobus <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Edward,

Re: Newbie - proposed changes