Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Carlos Villavicencio <ca...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/05 04:00:36 UTC

Example tutorial

Hello, I was wondering if there is a full tutorial where I can learn how to
do simple tasks i.e. render tables from queries, perform inserts and updates
to the database, etc. Almost every thing that the example component does
(but I don't know if it's me or it's a bit difficult to understant for a
person who see ofbiz for the first time).

Thanks.

PD: I reviewed the tutorials from opensourcestrategies but it seems to be a
little out-of-date (old version of ofbiz).

Re: Example tutorial

Posted by martin_p <ma...@adiva.de>.
Hi all in the query,

had got the same problem because lot's of the documentations are at least
made for
programmers i imagine (and i'm not....) Im trying right now to substract
some business purposes
to put this together for the end-users at the backend..... because they just
want to use the tool "as is".

Think it would be helpful to explain some functions on a "Users way of
sight", will mean what is the real function of a field or a relation in
Ofbiz. P.e. whatfore is the "Example" used in Ofbiz ???? It's explained in
the video tutorial just with: example Test. I didn't get the point to
understand what can i use for the Example in my business......

I'm writing down a "Users manual" in the moment to explain some things a bit
more detailled to my collegues...

Regards

Martin

by the way: the ofbiz-wiki seems to be offline ???? is that right ?

Re: Example tutorial

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks for comments David,

>From the positive returns on user ML I thought it would be worth to link the Pranay's Practice document in the meantime, that's why

I have no time to seriously review the document but I will do it ASAP and will then follow your guidelines. I think it's final place
should be in OFBTECH.

Jacques

From: "David E Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Re: Example tutorial