Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Alex McLintock <al...@OWAL.co.uk> on 2002/04/19 18:02:14 UTC

docid and xpath

Hi folks,

I am accessing my XIndice database through Cocoon and that seems to be
working fine. I have a number
of reviews which unfortunately don't have any simple ids. I am using the
Title as the id for now.

But when doing xpath queries I notice that I get back a docid in the
collection:result object.

Is it possible to search on the docId using xpath in the same way as you
can use the command line tools to retrieve a document by its docId

Openweb Analysts Ltd, London: Software For Complex Websites
http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
Free Consultancy for London Companies thinking of Open Source Software.

Re: docid and xpath

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@xmldatabases.org>.
On Friday, April 19, 2002, at 09:02 AM, Alex McLintock wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am accessing my XIndice database through Cocoon and that seems to be
> working fine. I have a number
> of reviews which unfortunately don't have any simple ids. I am using the
> Title as the id for now.
>
> But when doing xpath queries I notice that I get back a docid in the
> collection:result object.
>
> Is it possible to search on the docId using xpath in the same way as you
> can use the command line tools to retrieve a document by its docId

Unfortunately it's not, that information is added to the result after the
query has already executed.

> Openweb Analysts Ltd, London: Software For Complex Websites
> http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
> Free Consultancy for London Companies thinking of Open Source Software.

Kimbro Staken
Java and XML Software, Consulting and Writing http://www.xmldatabases.org/
Apache Xindice native XML database http://xml.apache.org/xindice
XML:DB Initiative http://www.xmldb.org