Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Frans Thamura <ja...@intercitra.com> on 2003/05/30 09:26:51 UTC

Re[2]: JetSpeed 2: Turbine or Struts?

i prever to split it

Jetspeed as API and use it with any system

and Jetspeed as Portal, use it as is, and integrate it with any system.

--
Frans Thamura <ja...@intercitra.com>
Intercitra Innovation Center

We help you manage and control.

JetSpeed 2: Turbine or Struts?

Posted by Ender Hikmet KILICODLU <en...@kilicoglu.nom.tr>.
Hi
I am using struts and turbine. Also I looked for some public struts portals,
worked with IBM websphere portal. So I think turbine 2.X series is not
enough for new portal standarts which looks like IBM portal. But If you
review turbine 3 specs you will see new features like pipeline which will be
usefull for portlet structure and page/portal  rendering. Also I thing
struts integration problem must be solve on turbine layer not on jetspeed
project. So there are some turbine commiter also may be they can talk about
it on turbine list. One moths ago I tried to implement some struts portlet
but I didnot have enough time make something running correctly. Even I thing
writing some service which provide necessary contexts for struts page will
be enough and even currently running struts app may be ported without any
change. Of course you will be able to use portlet features.

Ender KILICOGLU