Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by "Hirsch, Richard" <ri...@siemens.com> on 2009/01/02 13:08:59 UTC

January Apache Incubator Report

Our first report is due on January 12  (http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2009) and I wanted to get a list started:

Enterprise Social Messaging Experiment (ESME) is a secure and highly scalable microsharing and micromessaging platform that allows people to discover and meet one another and get controlled access to other sources of information, all in a business process context.

ESME entered the incubator in 2008-12-02. This report is ESME's first since it joined the incubator and the following items have been performed since its acceptance

    * Jira has been established and initial issues have been created
    * A creation of Apache Wiki for ESME has been ordered
    * Initial website has been created with Apache Forrest
    * ESME Core source code has been transfered to the Apache SVN from the Google Code site. This drop is based on the latest version of Scala and includes a more optimal separation of UI and server code to ease customization.
    * Three committers have already been accepted (dpp, vassil, dhague)

The following items are planned for the next reporting period:
    * Acceptance of fourth original committer (Mrinal?)
    * Inclusion of existing svn branches (actions, etc.) from Google Code into Apache SVN trunk
    * Submission of Apache CLAs by two other team members.
    * Next version of Apache Incubator web site was more details
    * Collection of feature requests for the next version
    * Transfer of existing issues in Google Code to Apache Jira
    * Focus on evolving the design and building a larger community.

Suggestions / comments?

D.

Re: January Apache Incubator Report

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 6:12 AM, Hirsch, Richard
<ri...@siemens.com> wrote:
> ...Just added our report to Incubator wiki (http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2009).
> If anyone else has any changes, go ahead and make them. Due date is: 12 January 2009..

Mrinal's account has been created, I have updated the report to reflect this.

Thanks very much for taking care of this.
-Bertrand

Re: January Apache Incubator Report

Posted by Mrinal Wadhwa <mr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dick,

I just updated the wiki ... I received my acceptance into ASF email
yesterday evening.

Thank you,
Mrinal

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Hirsch, Richard <richard.hirsch@siemens.com

Posted by "Hirsch, Richard" <ri...@siemens.com>.

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@gmail.com>.
> Vassil, I don't think we've made this clear enough: you are *always*
> welcome on any of our calls. We've had a bit of a Winter break, but
> generally the calls are on Tuesdays and Thursdays for whoever can attend

Yes, thank you! There were other factors for me being off the calls,
for instance the features I've been working on were not overlapping
much with what the others were doing. It's also true that the old
times were not that convenient for me, but the current time works out
rather well. If it's also better for David, so much the better.

Re: January Apache Incubator Report

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petteroe <yo...@gmail.com>.
One more update:
Usually we have the calls two hours earlier, but pushed it back hoping
that David will be able to join us too next week.
- Anne

Posted by Darren Hague <dh...@fortybeans.com>.

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.

Re: AW: January Apache Incubator Report

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petteroe <yo...@gmail.com>.
Re features: Exactly what I meant.. I forgot the words "which we are
currently working on".
The sentence sounded complete in my head ;)

- Anne

Posted by "Hirsch, Richard" <ri...@siemens.com>.

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petteroe <yo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Darren Hague <dh...@fortybeans.com>.
A couple of corrections:

* The Confluence Wiki space for Apache ESME has now been created:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ESME

* There was a snafu with the initial code upload to Apache - David's UI
separation didn't make it in there, and as a result the original UI
remains. David will be searching his personal repo for the UI-separated
code so that we can correct this situation, but in the short term (next
few days) he is slaving away to meet a deadline on the Lift book he's
writing.

Cheers,
Darren