Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Richard Reich <ri...@reich.com> on 2001/03/21 00:21:47 UTC

Multipart problems

(I originally posted this to struts-dev, but since I'm really looking for
confirmation of these problems from other users, I guess I should post it
here.)

I've been having a host of problems associated with multipart input:

(1) cancel detection fails and must be special-cased;
(2) transaction token checking fails and must be special-cased;
(3) parameters that are ordinarily available via request.getParameter() must
be accessed via an ActionForm;
(4) forwards from pages that use multipart input fail unless redirect=true.

If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, I'll be grateful.
Alternatively, if some or all of these are genuine problems, I'll be glad to
supply more details and file bug reports or enhancement requests as
appropriate.

Thanks.

-r

Re: Multipart problems

Posted by Till Nagel <ti...@net-eye.de>.
I've encountered some of the problems, too.
The main problem is you can read a multipart request only once. But the
ActionServlet does not handle this correctly in every case.

So if you want to provide solutions, you're welcome :)
Perhaps Michael Schachter could say something to these problems. (He
improves the multipart area, I think)

Regards,
Till